The Electronic Controls Technician connects the digital devices that control machines to ei3‘s a global secure network using Internet security appliances. Once machines are connected data values from inside the PLC control programs are captured and stored in highly secure private cloud that is specially built for the Industrial Internet of Things. The Electronic Controls Technician travels to manufacturing sites in North America to perform site assessments of machine controllers, connect controllers and study existing programs to find machine data. In cases where communications cannot be established, the Electronic controls technicians installs a dedicated PLC device to capture important data. This position requires travel moret han 80% of the time.
- PLC Program interpretation
- PLC Memory reading to discover of structures that hold interesting values of machine data
- Establish industrial device communications through the understanding of OPC, Modbus, RS-232 and other data communications protocols
- Connect Industrial Communications cables to make devices talk to each other
- Wire sensors, especially connecting proximity sensors to work as machine production counters
- Install digital devices inside control panels on DIN rails,
- Wire power supplies using 24 VDC control wiring that conforms to good manufacturing practices and applicable wiring codes
- Experienced with Electronic Machine Controls.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, on a Windows computer.
- Minimum of 2 years of college-level education.
- Strong communication skills, and fluent in English reading, writing and speaking.
- Able to perform control panel wiring and follow the National Electric Code.
Personal Attributes and Additional Information
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment is essential.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and problem-solving capabilities essential.
- Compensation offered commensurate with duties and experience.
- Able to work full-time at our office in Pearl River, NY.
- Eligible for Benefits
- Base: Flexible North America
- Travel: More than 80%
- Salary Range: $60,000 to $90,000 /year
Yes! I’m interested and want to apply for this position