The successful candidate is responsible for customer billing and for providing accounting support to accounting supervisors and other managers within the company. Tasks will include entering and managing accounting information in Quickbooks, ensuring files are complete and maintained as needed, handling accounting duties and assisting accounting personnel.
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems. Contact individuals with delinquent accounts. Ensure customers accept payments or refunds.
- Match invoices to work orders. Open mail and match payments to invoices. Compile and sort invoices and checks. Process bills for payment. Issue checks for accounts payable. PDF print and mail invoices and e-mail to appropriate customers.
- Record business transactions and key daily worksheets in Quickbooks. Record charges and refunds. Input type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records. File and tally deposits. Arrange for money to be delivered to bank.
- Work with adding machines, calculators, Excel spreadsheets, and bank accounts. Utilize computer systems to run databases, pay bills and order supplies.
- At least 3 years experience in accounting or equivalent required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, on a Windows computer.
- Minimum of 2 years of college-level education, and experience with computer-based accounting.
- Strong communication skills, and fluent in English reading, writing and speaking.
Personal Attributes and Additional Information
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment is essential.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and problem-solving capabilities essential.
- Compensation offered commensurate with duties and experience.
- Able to work full-time at our office in Pearl River, NY.
- Eligible for Benefits
- Base: Pearl River, NY
- Travel: Less than 10%
- Pay Range: $25 to $40 /hour
Interested in this position? Please email your cover letter and resume to Katelin Martin at email@example.com for consideration.