Customer Support Specialist
ei3 creates and delivers an Internet application that is used by large hotel chains to track sustainability goals, including saving energy and water and reducing waste. We are seeking Customer Support Representatives to help our growing number of users get the most value from their ei3 application.
The successful candidate provides users with first-tier support by responding to email requests and phone calls, providing answers to questions and resolving issues. Good communication skills (both telephone and in writing) are essential. Must be able to quickly and correctly identify the nature of a customer request. If a user request should be escalated, it is essential to correctly describe the nature of the matter to make an efficient hand off to the next level of support.
This position will require some familiarity with MS Excel, as well being able to read and understand energy and water bills. Some users may require assistance in entering or managing their utility data with our application. The support specialist will occasionally provide new-user web conference training sessions with up to ten people, followed by a question and answer session.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities would include:
- Answer inbound emails calls from users
- Enter all activity as a ticket into our Customer Service application
- Qualify, answer, and, if necessary, escalate the ticket
- Enter user data into web pages and forms
- Provide customers with training via web conference
- Able to work for 40 hours per week from our office in Montreal
- Occasional travel to meetings and events (less than 10% of the time)
Preferred Education, skills, and experience
- High level of customer orientation required
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral, is required
- Experienced with using support tickets to respond to user requests
- Familiar with MS Excel and with web apps for support tracking
- Proficient with web conferencing applications
- Fluency in English is required, ability with Spanish or French is a plus
- Two year college degree (or equivalent work experience) is required
- 2 or more years of office experience a plus