Industrial Controls Expert
Cincinnati, Ohio, United State
The successful candidate provides users with onsite support for configuring and connecting the customer’s LAN to the ei3 hardware and the customer machine, thereby starting the process of data access and connectivity with our customer locations.
Good communication skills (in person, over the telephone and in writing) are essential. Must be able to quickly and correctly identify the nature of a customer issue with their ei3 connectivity and successfully resolve that issue. If a user request should be escalated, it is essential to correctly describe the nature of the matter to make an efficient hand off to the next level of support.
This position will require familiarity with various vintages of industrial control technology, vendors, electrical drawings, and various in plant internet configurations.
The successful candidate will travel between 80-100% of the time, moving from job to job and performing the required tasks to connect equipment.
A positive attitude with customers is required at all time, as the customer installation technician, will be a primary customer facing representative of ei3 and our partner customers.
- Prepare travel plans and connect customer equipment
- Be the onsite ei3 advocate with a high degree of customer focus
- Qualify, answer, and, if necessary, escalate the customer connectivity questions
- Enter user data into web pages and forms
- Able to work for 40 hours per week remotely or in a local office.
- 80-100% onsite customer travel to meetings and connection appointments around North America and potentially globally.
- High level of customer orientation and quick problem solving skills required
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral, is required
- Experienced with industrial PLCs in a manufacturing environment (coding, wiring, electrical schematics)
- Familiar with manufacturing internet applications
- Proficient with web architecture and connectivity
- Fluency in English is required, ability with Spanish or French is a plus
- Two year college degree (or equivalent work experience) is required
- 2 or more years of office experience a plus