The successful candidate will contribute to the design, development, enhancement, maintenance, and testing of our Industrial Internet of Things platform, its applications, and real-time systems.
The person filling this position will have a valuable career opportunity to work with an outstanding team of software development professionals in a vibrant and growing industry. This position requires a minimum of five years of development experience working in a team environment, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Science or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Design, develop and modify software elements and modules based on functional and system specifications. Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work closely with development team and product managers for understanding the specifications.
- Ensure architectural integrity and product quality. Participate in testing process; debug code quickly and efficiently.
- Adhere to ei3’s established processes and tools.
- Participate and contribute to development team project meetings and scrums.
- Contribute ideas for process improvement, including coding practices, standards and tools.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with C / C++, Visual Studio, Real-Time Systems Development, and Multi-threaded programming.
- Proficient with Networking / Sockets, TCP / UDP / HTTP, and MSXML.
- Experience with Design Patterns, Linux, (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS), REST, ADO, MSSQL, MFC, and version control systems.
- Additional experience with Shell Scripting, eClipse CDT C++, Remote Debugging, Named Pipes, RapidJSON or Cross-compilers would be considered a plus.
- Proficient working with Windows operating systems and Services.
- Fluent in English reading, writing and speaking.
Personal Attributes and Additional Information
- Experience working independently and in a collaborative team environment is essential.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and problem-solving capabilities essential.
- Salary offered commensurate with experience.
- Some international travel is required, particularly to our main office in NY, USA.
- Able to work at least 40 hours per week at our office in Montreal, Québec.
- Base: Montreal, Québec
- Travel: Less than 10%
Interested in this position? Please email your cover letter and resume to Katelin Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.